Tuesday 26 June 2012

Reflection

Hello friends! I just wanted to write a reflection post about my journey so far and the progress I have been making.  As many people know I am an American trying to pursue my dream to find work in England (I really like Scotland and Wales - but just feel more at ease with England) - Not many of you might not know I left all my self employment back home - left my friends and my family - took ALL of my savings (roughly under $3k) and hopped on a plane to pursue my search. I am really so grateful to Craig - he has been a huge saint! I do my best every week to contribute money as well helping around the house  Plus the awesome part is he is a great cook!

When looking back at my workplaces - my parents have helped me with my job search. As an only child my parents are my best friends - so this whole journey has been hard as I don't have them with me for support - I am on my own and that has been scary.

When I look back on the job interviews I have gotten (roughly 7) in under 1 1/2 months - is quite impressive! Yes two of them were actually through networking but the rest I have actually found on my own. My parents got me into contacting companies directly via email - which I did and it has worked! - Though I am a bit bummed out recruiters haven't been more helpful.

 As I continue to pursue more job interviews and keep on applying I am trying to remain positive.It can be frusterating getting the occasional rejection emails - but I don't let that bother me! Their loss!

Once I land my first job things will get easier for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment