Wednesday 13 June 2012

Day 29 (June 12 2012)

Happy Tuesday! So nice to relax a little in the morning - not having to go anywhere immediately. Got up and made myself breakfast. Booted up Sony Vaio and started my job hunting. Applied with more recruiters, some specific jobs and agencies.

- had a phone interview at 11am with a social media marketing agency. To summarize it they were looking for an Account Exec role - which they said I wouldn't be a fit to. She was really nice and suggested other agencies to contact regarding social media community manager roles.

- made scrambled eggs for lunch

- more job hunting
(had 2 calls today from recruiters) 1) wanted to learn more about me etc and the other one 2) called me to say they had a Digital Marketing Officer job they wanted to pass my CV onto their client based in South Shields.

- This evening I had the opportunity to networking with a friend of friend of parents.  My parents friend has a contact/friend living in England that I am able to meet with at Starbucks this evening. Interesting enough - he lived in Minnesota for quite some time for school. 

- Funny enough when I was just ordering my drink - he was actually behind me. I asked him how did he know it was me (even though I sent him an email of what I was wearing) - my sneakers gave it away I guess. 

- He offered some great advice about tweaking my CV - ordering business cards.

- He said we should connect on LinkedIn

- He would look over his contacts.

Said goodbye and thank you. Took bus back to Craig's house.  Had a nice stir fry.

Wrote a thank you e-card to Dan




No comments:

Post a Comment