Monday 3 June 2013

It's time to get FIT!

Good evening friends and family! Wow I can't believe how May flew by so quick and now we are in June. What a whirl-wind life has been for me with accepting another temporary job at Durham University middle of May - getting fit by joining the community gym - to now being the assistant chef in the kitchen (yes Craig has finally allowed me into the kitchen, and I actually help out!). 

I have so many fond memories of June - from graduating from Edina High School in 2002 to Papa's (RIP 1999) birthday  to many father day events with my dad. June is also the start of summer - filled of sunshine.

I wanted to mainly blog about my evening - my first night at the local community gym.
Craig and I went to the grand opening a few weeks ago to check it out - and I decided to invest 15 pounds per month by working out (by myself) but I have met some intersting people so far.

I met 3 women in the gym - all looked like they were in their late 20s to early 30s. It was nice to chit chat with them - sometimes it is awkward when men are also in the room. We all got to know each other a little and they asked me if I was a mom. I was astonished to find out a girl who looks a few yrs younger than me has a 5 year old. I like kids - don't get me wrong but I don't think I could imagine having one at the moment.

Also What is up with young people smoking? Especially after a work out? I don't understand that!You are working out be healthy - or that women don't wear sports bras, shoes. The proper work out attire usually calls for sneakers, a sports bra, a top and shorts/track bottoms.



Here are the grand opening photos of the gym - it isn't fancy but it is affordable and gets me out there.


In my journey, I will continue exercising and eating healthy every day. 









No comments:

Post a Comment