Monday 27 May 2013

A Bank Holiday - I won't Forget!



Greetings friends! Today is a Bank Holiday! I don't really know the meaning but it means a day off for Craigy B and I from work.  Back home is Memorial Day where we honor our men/women who have/are serving for our country - and we usually have a BBQ consisting of Potato Salad, Burgers etc.  Well - My day was quite the adventure! Craig is not just a baker, IT guru, cook, F1 wannabe driver, but can now be considered a motivational speaker! You heard that right! I nearly passed out today (out of breath) but Craig kept the energy up and inspired me to continue onwards!

An Outline of my day is as follows:

* Got up and out of bed a little after 7am
 * Had breakfast, watched TV, and went online
* Started to get all dressed and boots on ready for our adventure to Roseberry Topping and Captain Cook Monument.  Wore my Timberland's as they have better grip than my sneakers.
* Car journey was 45 minutes - where we listened to various musicians on his MP3 player - Also the top was down on Scarlett (his car). 
* Before we reached our destination we stopped at a local convenience store to get sandwiches and bottle of water for each of us.
* Apparently we were not the only ones that had the same idea today - as the parking lot was jammed packed! But found a spot.
- I have never in my life hiked up a mountain like hill.  I know my mom has when she goes to Red Mountain Spa - but it looks quite scary from the bottom. 
*During my journey upwards - I was out of breath a few times, so we had plenty of opportunity to rest.  Roseberry Topping is a national park - which is maintained well - but you really need to watch where you step because if you don't you might twist your ankle. The stone steps were steep and even when we got to the top it was even scary looking down.

* Though Craig, a Pro he is - had no problem at all! All right for some! As I mentioned before he was a huge help to me - saying take it slow, make sure your footing is right, and don't rush! He kept me sane! There were times that I said I feel like I am going to die or I don't want to do this.  I seriously was scared that I might have slipped and hurt myself.

Here are snapshots that Craig took today




Craig and I shared a Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake
One of many rest stops
Roseberry Topping


Afterwards we hopped back in the car and headed to Great Ayton - where we had a nice ice cream, and walked around town.  A very cute town indeed.

This shop has been opened since when Craig's mom was little

After our quick snack we headed to Captain Cook's monument - it was up a big hill but the path was easier to walk in my opinion.

Afterwards we hopped back in Scarlett - headed into Middlesbrough and went to Stewart's Park. We walked around - made a stop at a local cafe there and shared a piece of cake, a juice box each.


We then came home - baked a Chicken, Bacon and Leek pie with diced onions and a mustard sauce
Sadly no photo was taken - but the pie was devoured by the both of us!

I am guaranteed to sleep good tonight for sure - after all this walking + Fresh Air





No comments:

Post a Comment