Tuesday 10 July 2012

Day 56 (July 9 2012)

Good Morning friends and happy Monday! Today is another day - but I feel like I can be busy.
Woke up - had cereal for breakfast - then started to get into my routine with iPad on and laptop turned on.  The way I have been searching for jobs online I look at LinkedIn - Monster - CareerBuilder - CharityJob - sign up with temp agencies - recruiters and also I do googling of social media agencies or administrative positions in England. I also have been doing more networking with my Twitter friends asking a handful if I can chat with them over skype - this gives them to get an idea what I am looking for - offer advice and possible leads.  Today I have 2 skype chats and 1 phone chat.

My first chat this morning is with Adrian - a Twitter friend I met 4-5 weeks ago actually in London.
He runs a social media agency - and also has 2 daughters (plus they are on a farm!) - which is so cool! As the girls ride ponies! Well to summarize it he had to talk to his wife first - but would want me to come down Friday meet his coworkers and daughters. He proposed a 50/50 job - half working at the agency and other half childcare. So he said he would get back to me.

My next chat is with another Twitter friend - actually a friend of @Rhea (Minnesotan living in London) - and his name is @Hassan. We chatted roughly around 20 minutes - even though no job leads came out of the conversation it was really good to hear how he came here etc (hes from Cali) etc. 

Then I heard Royal Mail knocked on the door - surprise gift from my parents! They wrote me a nice card talking about what was going on back home - included some gift cards (which I ordered when I was back home from my Rewards program from my credit card that never came) - and this cute blue top - picture below.









My last chat is actually through another Twitter acquaintance - that I have never met  @asifmirza - he was very lovely to chat with! Actually he used to live in Hartlepool which is in the NorthEast - so he knows Durham so that was a fun start. He wanted to get to know me more about my job hunt - suggested I check out Durham University - mentioned a research company to contact as they do surveys online but need consumers to be more engaged on social media - it was a good chat. Lasted over an hour which is awesome :D (sometimes when I skype with people I don't feel an instant friendly connection and it just become a little awkward)

Applied to a few more jobs - Craig came home and we had burger and chips.

Watched Undercover Boss which was really good.

then bed.zzzzz






No comments:

Post a Comment