Thursday 5 July 2012

Day 51 (July 4 2012)

Happy 4th of July to all my Amwrican friends and family back home. A year ago I was just boarding a plane to attend the first ever #whTweetup and see president Obama. Wow that was so fun time! I even got to watch fireworks that night on Capitol hill with a few new friends I made at the hostel {you can read about my experience here}.  I left at 8.50am this morning for the bus - was planning on taking train to Newcastle then Metro to South Shields for my interview but I decided to take the bus (long journey over an hour!) but it was quite good as it dropped me off at 11 and I had time to walk around grab a drink etc.  Many of you might not know but since I have had nose/breathing issues I get stuffy noses quite easily (especially during hayfever month) and that in the past I have been addicted to nasal sprays (constantly using them) which is very bad - but I needed to go to Boots to see if there was a natural spray option - and luckily one of the ladies suggested Beconase - this spray isn't for short term and can be used up for 3 months. So I bought it :D -

I then decided I should find out where exactly where my interview was going to be.  Followed my mapquest directions - and it was along the river.  As my friends back home would say it's an office park - not so much pedestrian friendly but more cars welcomed.  I then had 1 hr and 20 minutes to spare so I went for a walk.  Bad idea! Along the river were lots of gated boat communities or warehouses. Needless to say I though screw lunch, I will just have to survive.  I didn't have enough time to walk back into town so I just sat on a bench. A few minutes later I see 2 dogs and a woman - I then asked her about restaurants and apparently there was a hotel at the end of the road. 

Little Haven Hotel is where I had my lunch.  A cute location.  I had a BBQ Chicken sandwich and some diet coke.  Left a little before 1:30 for my hike back.  Interview is at 2 - went alright.  They are just building their marketing team (currently there is only 1 employee at the moment) - nice man - asked me a lot of questions - couldn't seem to wrap his head around why I was in the UK when the US is so glamorous.

After interview I headed back into town - took the Metro  to Newcastle.  Went to train station to buy a single ticket to Durham - decided I didn't want to go back right away so I explored Newcastle town center and had enjoyed a Starbucks. Took a 5pm train - packed! couldn't even grab a seat so I had to stand.  Once back in Durham I caught the bus back to West Rainton .

Later that evening Craig came home - had a nice dinner - photo shown below

Chicken with noodles along with spring onion - ginger - peppers



No comments:

Post a Comment