Tuesday 22 May 2012

Day 8 (May 21 2012)

Got up around 6am - quick shower and got my interview outfit for London job ( actually its with a recruiter). Finished packing my bag (the one Aunt Jane gave me) as im staying over for a few nights in Reading (a friend of mine lives there) - Craig dropped me at the park & ride - then I walked to the train station from town.Train was delayed for 40+ minutes - so hopped on a train to York thinking it might be faster but I got on the same train I was suppose to get. Felt like I was sitting there forever! Got into London around 1:30 so decided to take tube for my interview. Was quite easy only 2 stops but he never mentioned how long a walk it would be - so silly me here I am still in my COACH shoes and getting lost. Met with Damien - went over my cv - talked about job market - made suggestions for changes of CV etc. Left at 4 to go back on tube. I must say I'm quite proud of researching my trip ahead of time as I had to change tubes once. Took train from Paddington to Reading. Quick ride only 20 or so minutes. Then I was greeted by Ben at the barriers. Walked a bit to The elevators. Hopped in his car then went back to his friends house - stayed there for a bit then changed for dinner. We ate At an Asian restaurant - had potstickers and pad Thai. Went out for a walk + drink. Met up with some of his friends. Got back in an had a family email me about an au pair job (free housing!) based in surrey - 4 kids but £125 a week plus they'd pay for my phone so I'm waiting on their reply. Had another woman ask me if I wanted to temp au pair in Aberdeen but I replied back no as I'd have to start from scratch again and it's so far away! Night

No comments:

Post a Comment