Tuesday 29 May 2012

Day 15 (May 28, 2012)

Alarm goes off - Yep! Its nearly 6am and I have to get up. Took shower and got dressed. Thankfully last night I put out my clothes. Left the house at 6:30 to get the bus - thankfully I had enough coins to pay (I forgot this was Rush Hour so more money). Lucky enough I was able to get on an earlier London Kings Cross train :D - I had my own table which rocked! Funny enough the coach (carriage others may say) I was in had 20 school children - so that was quite comical. Sadly I forgot to bring a book to read - so I paid a little extra money to have wireless for 24 hrs. This gave me the chance to connect with more UK folks through my Twitter network - check emails and look at job positing online. I arrived a little after 10am - so it gave me plenty of time to catch the tube to Edgeware Road. At 11am - I was to meet Rhea O'Connor (@rheaj) - She is a Minnesotan like me! Studied abroad here then fell in love and worked here. She offered me some great advice about the SM scene in London - talked about au pairing opportunities etc. Funny enough - she is actually moving back to Minnesota for a year with her husband. It was really fun meeting her. After that I had time to chillax for awhile til I my 2pm networking gig. But I decided why not just head to the Covenant Garden area and have some lunch or so as I would already be there on time. Once I arrived - I sent a text to @AdrianMelrose that I was early but wanted to let him know where we could meet. Funny enough he was at the dentist earlier and was going to go home - but because of my text he was in the same area as me :D
We went to a cafe and had a great chat! He told me about SalesForce - how I could look into learning about their products and taking an exam - we talked about au pairing - and just had normal chit chat.
A really great guy! Plus he lives on a farm and has ponies for his daughters - I have always wanted that! Dad why didn't you get me a pony for a birthday gift?After we said bye - I had a few hours to travel about to different tube stations - Leicester Square - Piccadilly Circus - Oxford Circus - Maida Vale. Just went exploring - tried to find libraries but it didn't really seem to work out. Checked Twitter a few times and learned about new job opportunities. I am in contact with another recruiter. Then I headed off to Paddington area to meet Ben. His train came in from Reading at 6ish. So then when he came we went to Garfunkels - we split a BBQ pizza. Talked about our days. Was really great seeing him again. Then we headed on tube back to Kings Cross. Had a drink - then it was time for me to head back to Durham. We hugged and said bye but see each other soon ove course. The train ride seemed like it took forever! Got in almost before 11pm and Craig was waiting for me at the station.

Today was a great day - long but really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment