Friday 18 May 2012

Day 5 (May 18 2012)

Woke up at 7am. Took a quick shower and got breakfast ready. Today I am going to Manchester for networking and to apply with some temp agencies.  Lucky me Craig was able to drop me off at the bus stop. Got on the train and had to change over in York. Arrived to Manchester around 11am. Went straight to a coffee shop to get on my iPad2. I was suppose to meet a friend for networking at 12.30 but he had a busy day at work - so I was on my own for awhile. Decided to apply at 2 temp agencies - Adecco and ManPower. Then at 1:30 I met Ian (http://www.kingfishercoaching.com/ - we are connected thru Twitter and he really stays connected in the digital space. We talked about job resources - people who I can contact etc. It was very helpful! Afterwards I just did a small amount of shopping. Took the train back to York and connected on another train to Durham. Got home around 7 and had a yummy dinner consisting of chips, roasted pepper and courgette rice, and chicken kiev. I demolished everything. Now Craig & I are just watching TV.

This weekend I am going to send out more emails. Reconnecting with my LinkedIn network and trying to tap in it to see if they might have leads.

I am so ready for the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment