Wednesday 16 May 2012

Day 2 (May 15 2012)

Flight arrived around 8.40am. Usually when your flight lands they connect you to a terminal to walk into - well to our surprise we had to get off the plane outside and take buses to entrance of airport.  We all had a little walk to go before immigration (still hard when you have bags on both sides). Luckily enough - once I arrived to immigration/customs the non-eu line was shorter than EU nationals. So that made the process faster/quicker. Picked up my bag and changed clothes (as it was colder weather outside and I was wearing sandals). Purchased a single train ticket to Durham - should have purchased a few weeks ago - shocker 55 pounds. Train ride was good - had my own seat.
Arrive to Durham at 1 - Craig picked me up. Thankfully I didn't pack any heavier for my suitcase or it wouldn't have fit in Craigs' Mazda sports car. Went into city center for awhile to deposit money - get some lunch - and just walk. Came back to unpack. Went for a walk in the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment