Sunday 24 March 2013

can you name another city in England but not London? - This means no cheating!

Ok readers! I will admit when I tell people I've been to school and now live/work in England they always assume London. Don't get me wrong I understand people as London is the capital - but there is so much more than London. I live in Durham, that's 3 1/2 north on train from London and I'm only a 15 minute train journey to Newcastle. Funny enough. Friend of mine was talking about where I'd go if I lost my passport - why the US embassy in London (but theoretically I'm closer to Edinburgh (I believe).

Durham is so AMAZING!
We have a cathedral, lots of shops & restaurants, a river! (Called River Wear) and state of art Durham university! It's slightly similar to Minnesota as he weather get quite cold but when it snows here cars and buses come to a halt.
Where I live with Craig is West Rainton which is approximately 20 minutes outside of Durham. It is a cute village consisting of 2 hair salons, post office, pharmacy, sandwich shop, 2 take-aways, a church, a convenience store and our favorite restaurant, the Italian Farmhouse. I really love living here just wish I could walk to Durham (but that'd take over an hour).

Since May 2012 I have not heard or seen any robberies or crimes in the village. I feel very safe! Also I'm quite happy Craig lives near a bus stop - which is every 10 minutes to Durham (or to Sunderland)

I am including some photos of Durham taken by Craig to show you the beauty!

All photos taken are by Craig



No comments:

Post a Comment