Friday 18 January 2013

Why England? Timeline explained

So I am not sure if any or all of my readers are aware about my connection to UK/England and why I really enjoy living here etc.

When I was 13 our family hosted a student from Northern Ireland for a couple of summers and a full school year - so my first trip overseas was August 1997 (to visit London and fly to Belfast) with my parents

During my time at Edina High School I participated in People to People - a student ambassador program where we went to various places in the UK - and had homestays.

After graduating from EHS (2002) I participated as a volunteer in Stanley, England through VFP working at a playscheme for children.

I believe (trying to recall) after my freshmen year at Augsburg I visited our exchange student.

Spring 2005 - I spent a semester studying abroad at York St. John  while a student at Augsburg

2007 - I came over to York, England to stay with friends I met at YSJ

2009-2010 - I was a MA student at YSJ in the Leadership and Management Programme

May 2012 - Came to England on PSW visa to find work. 

I really enjoy living here - though I do miss driving.
But nothing will ever replace my home in Edina, Minnesota




No comments:

Post a Comment