Wednesday 2 January 2013

Chi-town a.k.a Chicago

Many of you know I am from Minnesota - yes land of 10,000 + lakes etc and known for Mall of America.  I totally love where I am from - I can walk around so many different lakes too. I recently went on a girls weekend trip to Chicago and I had so much fun! I wanted to share my highlights with you.

* We stayed at Hotel Felix - Great location! Eco- friendly hotel. Its a boutique hotel which has its own unique flair - unlike chain hotels which are practically the same wherever you travel. Mom was really lucky to have gone on Priceline and put in a bid for $75/night - which thankfully was accepted :D

*We saw Book of Mormon - for people that don't know this play I can tell you tickets have been selling for $200+ - it is a cute music. Luckily mom and I found a couple that got chosen for a drawling - for $25 each seats which they won - they sold us their previously bought tickets from a year ago. In summary it is a great musical even though we didn't know much about it. I am not sure if I would go again.

*We also saw another theatre performance - I Love Lucy - tickets were only $25 each because I had my student ID.  When I was a kid I used to watch loads of I Love Lucy episodes - so funny!

*We saw Parental Guidance - starring Bette Middler and Billy Crystal. Funny film! Totally suggest it.
I got a bit teary towards the end but that's me.

*Went to some great restaurants

For my UK friends and everyone else - Chicago is such a great place to visit! It is called the Windy City so I always wear long underwear but it is so fun!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment