Sunday 20 January 2013

Snow Day - Saturday January 19 2013

My first snow day - where the snow is a bit too deep and we need to stay inside.  Needless to say I wasn't really thrilled because we go out every weekend - but we made the most out of our day.

First thing started by a few knocks on the door from DFS - the sofa couch arrived! They seemed a bit hesitant regarding the room size but all is good.



Once the movers left Craig's steam cleaner finally arrived! He was super excited and immediately opened up the box.  I was really impressed when he told me what you can actually - bathrooms, kitchens, closets, clothes, mattresses, carpets and much more! On another plus note it helps kill dust mites :D (which I said in an earlier post in December I am allergic to).  So for the next hour he was on a steaming spree while I chilled out on the new sofa and read my Twitter stream. 



By the time he finished it was lunch time. We didn't take anything out of the freezer ahead of time so we had limited option and took out 2 chicken kievs - served with vegetable pilau rice.

Craig then decided he needed a few storage boxes and a snow shovel - so we ventured out to battle the roads.  We first went to Tesco to buy some groceries then headed to B&Q (which is like Home Depot) - we had no problem finding a shovel, it took more time looking at the various storage boxes.
The storage box he bought is quite tall - and long.  We were worried that it wouldn't fit in Scarlett (his car) but he came up with a brilliant plan - Put the top down. So for the journey home I am holding this storage box with my head tilted to the side and trying to keep my earmuffs on while the fresh cold air hit my hair.


When we got home to Craig's astonishment most of his driveway was already shoveled - by his neighbor.  I went inside to unload groceries and watch some TV.

We then started putting his HUGE DVD colletion into the storage box and moved everything up to the loft (our version is an attic).

After that Craig updated my PC to Windows 8.

Before dinner I mentioned to him I had a craving for Apple Crumble (Crisp in USA) as on THursday evening the Italian Farmhouse didn't have any - he liked the idea and we scooted off to the grocery store.

Once home Craig cooked up salmon with noodles and apple crumble.





2 comments:

  1. How much snow did you guys get there? Apple Crisp sounds soooo good! I was just thinking that about apple pie earlier too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had over 8 inches so far...its still comming down.

    Ya Apple Crumble with warm custard is soo good!

    ReplyDelete