Friday 18 January 2013

My Return Journey to Durham

Hi everyone! ::waves:: I can't believe I have been back in the UK for over a week now.  My journey went alright but I had some minor frustrations regarding my flights from MSP to Philly and Philly to MAN. So I am entitled to have 1 carry on and 1 personal item (and I follow the measurement requirements) and to my surprise when I check in to my first flight they can't flipping guarantee I will get an overhead compartment so I have to check 1 bag (which is expensive luggage) and to find out I got the window seat and had to hold onto my carry on. It was similar with my Manchester flight from Philly - they had to check one of my bags.

I don't mean to vent on my blog - but I do want to share my thoughts/opinions with my readers because if you pay a good chunk of money you expect to have great service.

When I arrived to Manchester and went through immigration I had to wait around 4 hours in baggage claim area after picking up my bag as Craig wasn't going to be able to get off til 4:30 - so needless to say I am very in tuned with the cleaning staff and seeing people work in the cafe.

Took a train a little after 1 - met 3 nice people. What I really like about coming from the airport is the train station is connected to it plus you can just strike up conversation with people you sit with near and say where you coming from or go?
A lady and 1 man said Australia (which sounds so DEVINE!) and a girl whose a student in Huddersfield just came back from her holidays in China.

Arrived to Durham at 4 - Grabbed a Chai Latte at Costa and waiting til Craig came.
Started to drizzle outside - then he picked me up - got home and immediately unpacked.
Had some dinner - watched TV and went to bed.

For my readers that don't know where Durham Is please check out this web link for more information
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durham

No comments:

Post a Comment