Friday 18 January 2013

I got a job! Temp job though

As of Wednesday January 18th I got a job through this temp agency in Newcastle.  Unfortunately it is not back with the International Office (which I really loved!) I am now working in the Finance office at Durham Student Union and occasionally will be working reception.  I work with a nice set of women and 1 man. Everyone welcomed me and I am still learning.

The building that I work in is a bit old - so I now have to bring long sleeved tops with me stay warm. On the positive side it only takes about 5 minutes to walk into town.

To my readers - I am still looking for a FT job in the Northeast (Newcastle/Durham area) in Administration or Social Media. I have faith everything will work out for me as I already have 1 secured UK job reference.

This week I had 2 sleepless nights because of stuffy nose - I really need to talk to my DR about a steroid nasal spray.

On Wednesday night Craig and I went to DFS to look at various sofas and lucky enough he found one he loved and it was on clearance too! I must take the credit for pushing him to bite the bullet because the first sales man said they would have to talk to their manager as this was a full set and they wouldn't be back til Saturday
**But I told Craig to ask another sales guy - mention he is really keen on the sofa - and BAM! he made Craig a deal*

So retail lesson: If they say they aren't sure or whatever - keep asking and remain interested.



Also this week Craig and I watched 21 Jump Street on Netflix. Good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment