Friday 7 September 2012

September 7 2012

Hello Friday! Tossing and turning in bed really didn't help me much last night. As many might not know I wrap myself all up in duvet/blankets like a mummy. I know odd right? Well when I was a kid I always got freaked out about the idea someone would come and grab me and my feet at night. Silly right? I guess you can say my bed looks like a war zone sometimes. Over exaggeration maybe? Got up slowly and took a shower.  Switched on my laptop and went online to look at the bus schedule for Durham bus station.  Before I left I grabbed a banana and had a small glass of pineapple juice.  Took the bus - purchased a Return ticket to Newcastle. Crap! Train is late - ugh! Took out iPad and went on mapquest to type in details for where NRG is in relation to the train station. 

Welcome to Newcastle 
I always imagined myself living and working in Newcastle - don't get me wrong I enjoy the South but the North is always great! Very friendly people and just relaxed atmosphere. So when I got off the train I had to high tail it and follow my directions.  I am a directional challenged girl - I would love to have my own GPS for walking then I would never get lost.   I asked a handful of people if I was going the right way + I even showed them a map of my destination but I had no luck! But thankfully I found someone who could give me better directions than just shrugging me off.  I had 20 minutes to get to my destination as my 'informational interview/chat' was at 11am. One of the annoying things is people provide me a specific building number - then when I get to the street and find half the buildings don't show numbers it is Crazy! Met Alison - really nice lady - she told me about the opportunities she handles in the Durham area. I am quite hopeful I will be able to go on assignments through NRG. I am hopeful! I did lots of walking - bought some moisturizer - then tried to think what I wanted to for lunch.  Subway sounded really good but I then saw a truck go by with the words Coast to Coast American Restaurant - and I thought to myself I haven't really had any American food lately and how I wondered what would they have on their menu. I went there. Was really happy to find out they had BBQ Pork. Mmmmm. Great atmosphere. Nice waitress - and I would definitely go there again.

After lunch I headed towards the train station. Didn't have to wait long to board the next train going to Durham.

 Durham is our next calling point
Once I arrived home - I chilled out for a bit but started job hunting hard core. Little after five I went for walk to see the horses. Later Craig got home. We had dinner here. Oh and I am all set to meeting my parents in Paris next month. It is quite funny it is cheaper to fly than to take the eurostar.

Au Revoir!



No comments:

Post a Comment