Sunday 9 September 2012

Sept 9 2012

::stretch:: big yawn and I am awake! Today is my dad's birthday! but I am not there :(
Put on my big fluffy pink robe and walked downstairs to grab some juice. Not really feeling well today. I thought a train journey would be really fun today as I have 1 more day to use on my BritRail pass before September 17th - but my tummy aches so I will just relax today.  Craig has his afternoon planned to watch F1 for a few hours in the afternoon. I had the bright idea let's go on a Starbucks run! as I wanted to get out of the house for a bit plus I wanted some books to read. 

Sunny Durham
What a lovely day outside! Craig parked Scarlett and we walked into town.  First was Starbucks of  course! I really love the atmosphere when I walk in - big chairs - long  tables etc. Not a huge amount of people for a Sunday morning but we grabbed a table by the window.   We chit chatted then headed off to Waterstones - where I bought 2 books :D. After we left the parking ramp we headed to Durham University (I was interested where it was in relation to the city center)

Casa de St. Godric
  Got home - tried to figure out which book I wanted to read first. Apparently one of the books I bought is a prequel to another book which I didn't buy. Craig already turned on the TV for F1 - so I grabbed some cous cous with veggies and chick peas out of the fridge for lunch.

Then for most of the afternoon I have been reading - called my dad to wish him a happy birthday - did a load of laundry and hung everything out on the clothes line afterwards.

Dinner
Another great meal tonight by Chef Craig! Tonight we had honey glazed chicken in soy sauce with rice and veggies.  I am always amazed how he plates everything to look so beautiful - I actually told him that and he was like 'well you take photos of all my creations so I have to up my game'. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment