Monday 27 August 2012

Bank Holiday (August 27 2012)


Greetings friends and thanks for tuning in to hear about my journey.  After another sleepless night I decided to start job hunting – even though I knew there wasn’t going to be any new job postings online as today is Bank Holiday. What you say is that? I personally don’t really know but it’s a day of British people get so that is cool right? Yep and Craig is off this whole week too – pretty exciting right? :D I will just have to figure out how I can stay focused job hunting every day with him being in the house but he isn’t a distraction to me – but he for sure keeps me sane. So I hope there might be some good field trip breaks set for the week. 
Another note I am feeling much better – as a previous blog post mentioned I had swollen glands for about a week – I have no clue what had caused this issue. Thankfully I am all swollen gland free but the NHS nurses suggested to still take my tablets til the end of all 3 boxes. I really wish I knew what caused them to swell up – felt like mini baseballs on each side. I was never in pain but it just felt weird when I would put two of my fingers up against my neck.
Healthcare 21st century
As many of my readers might not know I have had times when I was never on health insurance or having to pay big amounts of money out my pocket.  I am not saying having health care is a bad thing – I take advantage of it all the time when going for annual checkups etc.   Also I am thankful that we have really great medical institutions in Minnesota such as the Mayo Clinic – which many might not know helped fix my nasal issue as they performed a septoplasty on me.  As a kid I had frequent visits to the urgent care.  I don’t want to turn my blog into a political speech in favor of universal healthcare – but since my visit to the NHS walk in Centre – it has been an eye opener – Yes I had to wait like when I am at Urgent Care – but I don’t really have to pay any money! I got 3 boxes of Penicillan (which would be valued at ($50+ per bottle from a DR (roughly) )  - for FREE.
Back to the rest of my day with Craig – we went to Tesco to buy some groceries/chai tea etc.
Came back and he took a nap and I started job hunting more. Watched more episodes of Revenge. My favorite show. Can’t wait til season two starts.
Here is a clip if my readers haven’t heard of this program.    

No comments:

Post a Comment