Tuesday 28 August 2012

August 28 2012


Hello friends :waves:: today is another full adventure of me mainly staying inside the house job hunting. I swear I could turn this into a profession but then again who would actually pay me? Don’t get me wrong I love living in West Rainton – but sometimes I just wish I could walk into the city – like I could when I was a student at York St. John – that was so easy!  But I am sorta confined to use only the internet or take a bus/train ride to other cities here in the Northeast.  Craig has the whole week off which is nice for him but I hope this won’t keep me away from my job hunting. Still taking my tablets – my glands are all perfect now but I really wish I knew what happened.

Job hunting skills
Every day I have a set routine.  I check various job boards – network with my social media friends and start doing google searches.  On Tuesdays I join #YorkshireJobsHour (a Twitter chat) which is 1 full hour of employers tweeting out jobs (which I have applied to a few jobs that I have seen).  Usually in the beginning of the day I bookmark job ads and put them in a folder so in the afternoon I have a whole pile of job ads to respond to. 

Break Time!
About noon today Craig asked me if I wanted to tag along with him in Durham – I said yes! I mean its really good for my mental health to get outside and see people other than just my laptop and iPad2. Once we got there we strolled around and went to Waterstones (bookshop) – Starbucks – Subway (I wanted to get a Tuna sandwich with veggies mmm) and walked down to the river. 

iScream!
One of the many pleasures about living in England is that during the summer there are ice scream vans that visit your neighborhoods – but it is quite annoying when you hear that music – and don’t actually see the van.  Here was me sitting on the floor on my iPad2 and I heard the music – Craig didn’t want to come with me so I just stayed put. I heard it again and convinced him to go on a hunt with me.  It took some time to find the van – but Craig found it! Yep – I was quite the happy camper or as Craig said happy kid with my Magnum White chocolate bar and Craig with his Mint chocolate bar.

Barista
As many of my readers know as well as Craig I don’t drink coffee nor tea.  So I always like to order my standard Chai Latte when I am out at various coffee chains like Starbucks.  Recently I found out Craig’s espresso machine steams! So yesterday we went to Tesco and bought Chai tea bags – and now I can make my own Chai Lattes. Here is a photo of my work. Pretty frothy I do say so myself.
Italiano 
Ok I really don't speak any other words besides ciao! in Italian but I wanted to end my blog off with my dinner this evening :D - over the weekend Craig purchased a pasta making machine. It's quite the mini machine 


Final product: 
 Ingrediants: Chicken, Onions, Red Peppers, Prosciutto, in sundried and tomato basil sauce

(this is not actually the music we heard today but its a sample from another ice cream van)

No comments:

Post a Comment