Friday 31 August 2012

August 29 2012

Happy Hump day friends! Yes the week is already half way over - though it has been short because of Bank Holiday on Monday. As I keep chucking along with my journey down the path of job ads I start to fall off the path where my mind wanders - what would I be doing if I didn't come to England? How do I cure being homesick? Why do my friends on Facebook have to torture me with photos of their food excursion at the Minnesota State Fair. I really don't know how this has all come about but it has! This reminds me of the Robert Frost poem - The Road Not Taken

Job Update
The job hunt is still going along well - applying for jobs from various sectors 
*hospitals*universities*social media companies*temp jobs* As some of my friends know I am a job snob - I won't take ANY kind of job here in England like some of my classmates have (who are currently still in England) - I have a great education background and plenty of work experience to get something decent right? I know it has been a long time since May 2012 but I am hopeful something good will come along. Maybe for a birthday idea (November 20) I will receive a job :D

Dinner
Unfortunately Craig is not able to join me for dinner as he is back in Middlesbrough getting his MOT finished.  So I decided with extra cash to spare why not go to the Italian Farm House Happy Hour.
I had a nice meal for all under 10 pounds! Chicken Parmesan with salad+chips plus 1 drink.  Craig and I are quite frequents of this establishment as it is only a 5 minute walk from the house. The food is SUPERB! I was able to meet the owner who I thought was Italian but turns out he is from Turkey and has been here for 12+ years. Very nice guy.  


Orange Wednesday
 
I love movies! One of the pluses of living back in Edina is that we are only 5ish minutes away from the cinema. There have been times where I have gone to 2+ shows in 1 day. Tonight Craig and I saw The Watch starring Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn . So hilarious!

Here's the trailer.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment