Wednesday 15 May 2013

One Year ago - from Today

One year ago today (May 15, 2012) I arrived to England on an adventure with a certain amount of money, no job prospects and knowing nobody besides Craig.  During my time here there has been ups and downs, but Craig has been my rock and kept me sane from this journey (Hey it has been really tough!). Everyday I get excited I have made this jump but it has been hard being away from family and friends. During my year I have been able to pursue different jobs and met many great people.  I really don't know what it would be like if I decided to live down in London per say - as I bet my money would drain out.  I am proud to say I haven't gone bankrupt! Ok so these jobs don't pay the greatest wages but I am getting experience.  I don't know where this journey will take me - but I embrace my options. A few good friends of mine who worked here (from Pakistan) enjoyed being here - but family is who they missed the most. As my readers may not know I am an only child and my parents are my rock! I don't want to get sappy here.  I am so happy to have shown them I am capable of finding work on my own.

Let the journey prosper as I go forward.....

No comments:

Post a Comment