Saturday 2 February 2013

Hotel Butters

Greetings readers! Not sure if any of my readers have known I have never really moved out of my parents house apart from attending Augsburg College and York St. John University.  Those were the best of my years! Well I have to admit at the age of 29 I don't really know many dishes to cook - yep!If you asked me what can I make - I would say stirfrys, pancakes, and I am a great baker!

When I moved in with Craig I would help around with cleaning, etc and he would do most of the cooking. I am still wanting and keen to learn new recipes. It takes baby steps right? Well I feel like I live in a hotel - Yes Craig is a chef and baker all in one! He has more cookbooks in the house than I have shoes. Anything from Asian cuisine - Baking cakes and tarts - and much more! I also have never seen the amount of kitchen appliances either - he has his own food processor, pasta maker, coffee machine, and soon to be (well on his wish list) an electric mixer.

Today Craig  (and I helped him!) made a victoria sponge cake from Mary Berry's Baking Bible 

Preparing the cakes for the oven






Tonight we had Thai Red Curry pork with white rice along with homemade wraps





I appreciate all the baking and cooking

Craig does - but sometimes I feel like I am going to gain weight.
I have started doing Yoga from this iPad app - which has many tutorial videos.
I am eating more healthy and burning calories by playing Just Dance and Kinect Adventures with Craigy B


Signing Off. Stay warm friends back home!



2 comments:

  1. That cake looks yummy!I love yoga. I always feel my butt muscles are so sore after the next day. Too much of the warrior's pose 3 I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is only the start! Over the weekend he baked 3 different desserts.

    ReplyDelete