Monday 18 February 2013

Week of Feb 11th 2013


How is it possible that I have been living in England for 9 months. I can't believe it! Time has sure flown by. I just look back at to when I arrived how much effort I did looking for a job and now that I have secured 2 contract jobs and adding more UK references to my resume is exciting! Craig says I have an accent - but says I always revert back to Americanism when skyping with my parents.  I continue on with my job search while enjoying working at Durham Student Union and talking with my colleagues (word they use in England for coworkers).

Below are my highlights this week:

Feb 12 - Pancake Day
  Craig made pancakes and to my surprise they were quite good! Not like the pancakes that I order at the Original Pancake House back home - but they are thinner and yummy! We watched Come Dine with Me recently on TV and the main entree dessert was Banana Fosters - flambed. Hence that created our pancakes for Tuesday


Feb 14 2012

After I finished work Craig and I went to Middlesbrough to spend some money at the Arcade for fun (to play games!) and we met his friends at Nando's.  Valentine's Day was relaxing! He also bought me a small cake and the cutest card ever!
Feb 16

Craig went home for the weekend so I took a day train trip to York. It was good memories about my time at York St. John.  I also met up with fellow classmate CJ.

River Ouse

International Food Festival 
The French sure know about presentation - I just wish I had one.
York House - B&B on the way to Limes my parents and I have stayed in



The PostOffice box near Limes I'd walk to 


Good memories

for the years I was at York St. John I lived in House 7 & 9


Spring 2005 I volunteered for a counselling class as a Toddler Aide   

Student Union
York Minster - where I graduated

Feb 17th

Craig was gone most of the day - so I went to town to go on a tour of gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment