Tuesday 20 November 2012

Birthday Bonanza

Happy birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! woohoo! today has has been a fantastic day. I know if I was home I would have a fun birthday with my parents and grandma! I just can't imagine if I stayed in the Ipswich job (August) what my birthday would be like - probably all alone.  I am very grateful that Craig has celebrated with me today.  Though he couldn't take the day off work - I did :D and spent a big chunk of the day at Lime Spa - at Radisson Hotel - I purchased my own spa package a week ago (as a treat to myself) which included back/neck/shoulder massage, 30 minute facial and foot massage.  This also included a light lunch and unlimited access of the pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, and locker room facilities.  I had a turkey and cranberry sauce sandwich with water :D for lunch.  I did some reading of a book I purchased last weekend and took a 30 minute nap on a sun lounger at the pool.  I checked out at 2pm and decided to head home to drop off my bag - as I didn't really want to lug it around town.  Took the bus home and stayed home for an hour and watched some TV and relaxed.  Apparently I have a birthday package waiting for me to collect on Saturday - though to my disgust I have to pay over 35 pounds because of stupid customs and VAT blah blah! so who knows. Headed back into Durham at 4 - I stopped first at Superdrug to get my upper lip threaded - if you don't know what threading is - its less painful than waxing and lasts longer.  Stopped into Fat Face - a new favorite store of mine thanks to Craig to see if they had anymore dresses on sale - which they did but didn't have my size.  I then headed to Starbucks where I enjoyed a marshmallow treat along with a Venti Chai Latte.  Once Craig came to meet me he ordered a nice cup of coffee - we chatted for awhile before heading off for dinner at Mrs. Mustard Totally Scrumptious Food - Emporium - we had no problem getting a table as we made reservations last weekend (Sunday) when we had Sunday Lunch there as well. 

Dinner
 * Once we sat down we ordered drinks and opened up my birthday cards.  Very nice how many friends and family have remembered my special day.
* Looked over the menu and ordered
*Craig had: Maple Mustard Glazed Pork Belly & King Scallops with Celeriac Pure
* I had: Chunky Cod Loin with Harissa Pepper & Rose Petal, Creamy Grain Mustard Mash with Lemon & Caper Berry Butter Sauce
(photos will be included at bottom)
* had an order of Eton Mess for dessert- meringue with fruits and cream.  

Came home - put on PJs and watched TV.


Craig's dinner       













My yummy dinner

Durham at night         





 

No comments:

Post a Comment