Friday 9 November 2012

Week Recap

Hey friends ::waves:: what a week it has been! A little twitter friend mentioned I should blog more as I now have a fan-base so I will try to blog more frequently.  I still can't believe November is already here! The weather in Durham isn't as cold as Minnesota winters but I am still wearing earmuffs & mittens + scarf every day.

As of Tuesday of this week was big ELECTION day back home.  I voted for Obama back in September thru absentee but I continued to listen to coverage the WHOLE day. While I was at work - I had my iPad tuned into CNN radio (which was really cool but I am so used to be able to watch it on the TV) - when I got home I tried to see if there was TV  coverage but there wasn't til later on in the evening so I went to Zumba class.  For the rest of the evening I was glued to cnn.com on my iPad reading the results - waking up at various times in the night to peek at the website - where around 1am UK time Romney was ahead and I felt sad but drifted off. Woke up and he won! I listened to his victory speech live on the Today Show.

On Wednesday I got to go to Queens Campus (Durham Uni other campus) for a focus group with 2 international students, which was really fun. We (along with Ashleigh my coworker) talked about why they didn't take the opportunity to study abroad, what would they have wanted to do etc. REally helpful! then we took the bus back into Durham (45 minute ride) my eyes were so tired and I fell asleep on the 2nd bus home.   Once I got back to Craig's I just crashed on the couch as I was so tired from staying up on Tuesday - so I slept over 12 hours.

Thursday night Craig and I went to the outlet to find some workout pants :D - had dinner at Starbucks

Friday - isn't over yet but work has been good. Tonight I am going to a VIP free spa event with Ashleigh in the city centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment