Tuesday 26 November 2013

Birthday Girl Weekend


Hello to all! Sorry I haven't written my birthday blog post recently but life has been pretty busy so far at age 30 (EEEEK!). On the morning of November 20th Craig made me breakfast burritos (so delicious!) and we opened up presents from family members and friends :) I got great gifts - and even 2 books from my parents (which have arrived in good time as I just finished my kindle book) and also they bought me a birthday hat to wear which was really cool! After that we started to pack up our clothes as we were going to the Lake District also known as Windermere for 2 nights and 3 days. We had to stop at the local post office to pick up a few packages - then we headed off! The drive took about 2 hours and in that time I was able to finishing writing thank you cards (Yes - I am old fashion and write cards!).


Before we reached our hotel we decided to stop at Lakeland (Craig loves this store!) and we just walked around to see what Christmas stuff they had and also Craig was possibly looking at buying a shoe rack. We headed back on the road and went to the B&B - cute place, nice room. We walked into town which was only 10 minutes - and went around to various stores.  I had researched 3 different restaurants that I was wanting to celebrate my birthday so we checked out 2 out of 3 places (the first one we didn't care for as the menu didn't show any prices!) That night we ended up having a yummy meal at Lazy Daisy's. Funny enough we were the only two there (maybe we beat the dinner crowd!) and had a great evening.
Photo of Lake Windermere


The next day, Thursday we headed to the Motor Museum and Lakes Aquarium. Both were very fun! In the evening we went to an old style movie theater and saw Sunshine on Leith.

Friday we packed up and said our farewells to Windermere but we went to Grasmere - which has the best gingerbread ever! Then we stopped is Keswick (another place) for lunch. .                                                                          While Craig drove I took a snooze. My next blog post will have more photos of my trip. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment