Sunday 21 July 2013

June 20th 2013 - Wedding Bells are Ringing......

Hello friends! Sorry for the delay post but I have been busy lately working my temporary job, watching video lectures for my Nutrition Coursera class and just random other things.

Saturday was a fun filled day for both Craigy B and I. The morning to early afternoon we spent in town because I wanted to get my haircut, get my makeup applied and look for tights - This is all for a wedding we attended. A good friend of Craig's - her name is Christine and they met in college (For my USA friends it is like technical school equivalent). We also took time out of the day to do a little bit of shopping (Craig did exceptionally great as he found bargain items on sale!)

The wedding was at High House Farm Brewery. It took approximately 40 minutes to get there. Really nice location - out in the countryside where you can see sheep and cows.   When we arrived there were people inside and outside.  We walked up a set up of stairs and the Bride immediately greeted both of us - and her husband. Both were amazed (I guess interested) that I am American - he was playing music by Darius Rucker (formerly Hootie and the Blowfish) and he said I was the only one there that knows of him. They didn't really ask for presents (like most weddings) but to visit their honeymoon donation website (they are wanting to travel to Nashville and go to North Carolina).

For people that were arriving for the reception we were greeted with an array of candy - and cute pink striped bags that said 'Christin and Gareth 20th July 2013' and there were a bunch of cupcakes.  Because we have been eating so smart lately and losing weight, we had a little big, but DID NOT over indulge.

I didn't really know anyone at the wedding reception and thought I would get bored - but it was the exact opposite.  I met his friend named Scott and his wife Tracy and son James.  We sat at a table together for the night - enjoyed burgers and various beverages. Yes I guess people thought I was awkward asking for still bottle water.  

There were two bands that performed - The first was actually a band Gareth is in.  I forgot to mention after a few of their 'first dances' he sang a song to her - and presented a frame of 'her song' as a gift.

I had the best night of my life! Dancing too :D

Here are some photos from the night



This is not from the wedding night, but rather their website


 
The first dance'
This is James, he is 3
Scott, Christine and Craigy B
Christine and Craigy B

No comments:

Post a Comment